Sunday, November 23, 2008

11 Months Old!

The kids turned 11 months old on November 19th! They both are growing up so fast. They seem to change almost daily. They each have their own personalities and it's fun watching them come out more and more every day!

Ethan has graduated from army crawling to crawling on all fours. Man, is he fast! He is getting into EVERYTHING! As soon as I open a cupboard or the fridge, he's over there. He loves getting into my cupboard with the canned goods. He has knocked over the recycling bin and the trash can. What a lovely mess that was! He loves to tear the toilet paper off the roll if he gets the chance. If he's really really quiet, it's not a good thing! He now pulls himself up on everything. He is so proud of himself too! He gets a huge smile on his face and looks at us to make sure we see him. The dogs aren't too excited about this since he can now reach them!

Ethan's 8th tooth came in last week. I hope we get a break from teething. He used to sleep through the night before he started teething but not now! He gets up 1-2 times per night. Once he gets a bottle, he instantly falls back to sleep, so it's not like I'm up half the night with him. The pediatrician wants us to let him cry it out, but I can't do that! If anyone has any suggestions for me, I'm all ears!

He has added a new phrase to his vocabulary. He loves to say, "he kiki" which means here kitty. He loves the cat! I can't quite say that she loves him though!

Mia is still doing her inchworm crawling. If she wants something badly enough, she'll make the effort to crawl over there. Otherwise, she's content sitting and watching her brother get into things. She laughs at Ethan all the time. They are some of my favorite moments! Mia is really affectionate. She gives tons of slobbery kisses. She is definitely my easy-going baby!

Mia still tends to be the aggressive one. She takes toys away from Ethan every chance she gets. Though, he is starting to stick up for himself more. I've caught him a couple of different times trying to bite her. He grabs onto her forearm and brings her hand up to his mouth! Mia doesn't have teeth yet! It's probably a good thing because that's one less weapon she has!

Mia also says some new things. When she sees food, she says, "num num." Before I feed them, I always ask if they want some num nums. It's funny how they catch onto things you say! She also says, "hi dada" whenever she sees Mike. She used to say dada all day long, but since I've started working, she now says mama all day long! That's my girl!

We thought it'd be cute to take them outside after the first snowfall. They weren't too amused!

Both kids love to play the piano!

Ethan knocked over the trashcan!

Ethan in my cupboard!

Mia in her winter coat and bunny hat. She hates the bunny hat!

Ethan knocked over the recycling bin!

One of their favorite things to do! They love their baths!







No comments: