Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

I know I'm a little late posting this! I hope your Thanksgiving was as fun as ours. We went to Springfield to Mike's aunt's house. The kids had a blast playing with their second cousins. They were pretty worn out by the time our trip was over. We played some cards. It's a tradition for them to play a card game called canasta. It's an old game and is really fun.

We ate all of the traditional foods. Mike's mom and aunt like to eat weird food. They were eating fried giblets. The rest of us wanted to look away! They also like to eat pig's feet, but thankfully, the grocery store was out. The turkey and stuffing were really good. The kids' favorite was the pie. Go figure!

Mia was so tired here. She could barely keep her eyes open.

Pigging out on pumpkin pie. Her favorite Thanksgiving food, by far. Actually, she was eating the whipped topping.



Their second cousin, Shelby.

Riley was so worn out that she took a three hour nap...during our Thanksgiving meal. Mike laid down with her and took a nap as well. I snuck in to take a picture and Mike heard me. He closed his eyes and then smiled. I told him that most people don't smile while they're sleeping. :) Cute picture nonetheless!

Shaving with Grandpa.


No comments: