Happy Birthday, baby girl! I still can't believe she's 4 and is in preschool. I still remember the day we brought her home from the hospital. She was our little "surprise" baby. I thank God for her because she's just what our family needed. She has such a cute personality. She can be so sweet and gentle but yet give you such attitude. I love watching the three of them interact. They are so close in age and play pretty well together.
I think Riley has a fun birthday. It's always a weekend celebration. It starts with the St. Patty's Day parade and ends with a big birthday party. She wanted to go swimming again. I was very hesitant because of what happened last year (she almost drowned.) I did book a hotel room with a pool but only invited the cousins. I didn't want a lot of little kids running around a pool. It's so risky, even with all of the adults around.
Although it was a little party, Riley still had fun. We ate some pizza and then she opened gifts. Everyone was so generous. She received a lot of nice gifts!
Shayne and Amber bought her this dress. I knew the second she pulled it out that she was going to love it. She's such a girly girl.
Steve and Sarah bought her some flip-flops, a poodle purse, and a glass birthday plate.
Grandpa Tom and Grandma Andrea bought her a wooden highchair. She loves playing with her babies and this will definitely get used!
Mike and I bought her a princess Play-Doh castle, some coloring books, and markers.
Uncle Mark bought her a gift card to go to the movies. That's one of her favorite things to do.
After we opened presents, it was swimming time. All of the men got in the pool with the kids and the women sat on the side. It's funny how that works. Is it the same way in your family? I did get in my swimming suit later, but I waited until everyone left. :)
The kids had a blast in the pool. They didn't heat the pool, so the water was FREEZING! It didn't seem to phase them one bit.
Riley wanted a pink birthday cake with pink frosting. I figured since we spent quite a bit on food and the hotel room, I'd make the cake. I probably could have done more to decorate it. She was thrilled with it, so I guess that's all that matters!
"Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you..."
Mike had to work the next morning, so the kids and I were going to stay in the hotel room by ourselves. At the last minute, Riley decided to go home with Mike. She wanted him to put together her highchair so she could start playing with it! He said she was up until midnight playing with all of her toys.
The twins were so worn out that night. They fell asleep in record time. I had to wake them up the next morning so we could get one last swim in and head home.
It was such a fun weekend! I'd like to thank everyone that drove to come to her party. Amber and Shayne and Kelly and Eric drove 4-5 hours to get here. It means the world to us that they did that! You really realize the importance of family the older you get.


























No comments:
Post a Comment