Friday, June 21, 2013

New Bikes

 Mike's parents wanted to buy the kids bikes for their birthdays. They had outgrown their other bikes, and they were sick of sharing them with each other.

One Saturday, we went to Toys R Us. I didn't realize how many bikes they had. There were dozens of them. It didn't take them too long to find their favorites. There were some Hello Kitty bikes, and I was sure the girls were going to choose those. They surprised me! Mia picked a princess bike, Riley picked a pink bike with a baby seat on the back, and Ethan picked out a spider man bike (no surprise there!)

I know the kids felt pretty special each having their own bike. They have to share a lot of things, so it's nice when they get their own things.
  Unfortunately, we live on a gravel road with no sidewalks. We do have a large driveway that has cement but I think the kids get kind of bored riding their bikes in our driveway. We have a duck park that is a mile away from our house. They have perfect little walking paths, so I loaded up the kids and their bikes and we headed to the park. There is a huge sign that says no bikes, but I ignored it and hoped no one would say anything to me (and no one did.)
The girls were so excited and hopped on as soon as their bikes were out of the van. Ethan was having a fit over something (I can't even remember why.) By the time I had him calmed down and looked up, the girls were gone. I could barely see them up on the path. They were pedaling as fast as they could.

I had to run a 1/2 of a mile to catch up with them. I am NOT a runner and I had shoes on that aren't meant for running. It was a good 5 minutes that they were completely out of my line of vision. That's a long time when you start thinking of all the things that can happen. I was pretty mad when I caught them. They both got in trouble for that one.
They all had a ton of fun, even after their scolding. I didn't hear one complaint from Mia or Riley. They could have stayed out there all day. Ethan was being a stinker that day, and I heard quite a few complaints from him, but he still had fun.
 It's such a pretty park. We always bring bread and feed all of the ducks. They're used to being around humans and you can get really close to them.
 Riley has been wearing this crown for weeks. She even wore it the last couple of weeks of preschool. I was wondering if her teacher was going to say anything, but she never did. She looks so cute with it on!

No comments: