Riley has been in physical therapy since July. She had been having an increasing amount of daytime accidents. I kept bringing her to the doctor because I thought she had a UTI. I came across a brochure on physical therapy for bladder incontinence. We started in hopes of having her accident free by kindergarten. We didn't quite make that goal, but she's getting better. The physical therapist places electrodes close to her muscles by her private parts. She works on kegel exercises and can monitor it on the computer. We were going weekly, but the time for appointments and the cost made us go down to every two weeks.
We have quite a few exercises we do with her at home. We work on kegel exercises and some physical jumping tasks. She is also on daily miralax, which she absolutely HATES taking. It's a battle to get her to take it every night. It can have a funny taste and I've mixed it in everything imaginable to get her to take it. Many accidents are caused by constipation and the ultrasounds show that she is very constipated. I'm hoping she gets better soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment