The big thing with Ethan is that he started walking a couple of weeks ago. He has gotten so good at it! He now walks all over the house. He hardly ever crawls. It's still so weird seeing him walk. He's still so little but is all over the place. His new thing is climbing on EVERYTHING. If he can get up on it, he will. The funny thing about that is he doesn't know how to get down. When he's stuck up on something, he now says, "mom, mom, mom" over and over until I come and get him down. I really have no idea where he learned that. He'll also say that if I'm in a different room of the house as if he's looking for me. It's pretty cute. He continues to be very adventurous. He isn't afraid of anything which is both good and bad. I thought we were going to have to take him to the ER a couple of nights ago. He grabbed my razor when they were in the tub. In a split second, he cut open his lip and his thumb. We couldn't get the bleeding to stop on his lip. He wouldn't let us hold pressure. It was nerve-wracking but it did eventually stop. He didn't cry at all. He's one tough little boy! He's said a couple new words in the last month. He can say, "tickle, tickle, tickle" and "hello" (when he's holding a cell phone to his ear.)
Mia crawls all over the place. She hasn't quite taken her first steps yet. We've been working with her on walking and she gets better every day. She'll do it when she's ready! She does cruise the furniture so that gives her even more practice. She is our little chicken. Their great-grandma gave them a rocking horse. If we try to sit Mia on it, she cries and holds her arms out to pick her up. It's a cute little horse and I'm not sure why she's so scared of it. She still continues to be very affectionate. I get at least a dozen kisses and hugs each day. It's nice being so loved! Mia loves to sit on your lap and would stay there the majority of the day if she could. She never is very far away from me. Mia absolutely loves the dog. I wish the dog loved her back! She is constantly trying to hug and kiss her and Elsa isn't impressed. I've caught Elsa growling at Mia quite a few times and Elsa has nipped Mia a couple of times. I keep telling the kids to "be nice" to Elsa. Sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't. I don't know why Elsa doesn't go somewhere where the kids can't get at her! Mia also has learned some new words. She can say, "ball" and "ouch." I also think she tries to say, "hi, Elsa" but I can't quite make it out.
This was my "holy sh@t" moment of the day. Ethan was playing in his room. I didn't think there was anything he could possibly get into. I heard him walking in the hallway and looked up. We made eye contact and he flashed me a huge black toothy smile. He had gotten into an ink pad. He had it all over his mouth and hands. I was absolutely dreading going into their room to see what he had wiped his hands on.
1 comment:
Ok, the razor thing happened to Finley too and I was to afraid to tell anyone. She cut open one of her fingers on it and then was terrified of the bath the next couple times because of "the sharks".
Post a Comment