Our kids are growing up so fast. I can't believe they're almost 1 1/2 years old! They are busy as ever and keep Mike and me jumping. Every time I turn around, they're into something. We've been spending a lot of time outside. We live outside of city limits on an acreage. It's nice and peaceful out here. The downside is the bugs. Something is biting Ethan and Mia. They're nasty little bugs that draw blood. They like to bite their scalps and face. They leave me alone. I've tried mosquito spray, but it doesn't work. We also have chiggers out here that are equally as nasty. Again, Ethan gets the majority of the bites. I'm going to have to postpone their pictures again. I was going to have them done the week Ethan had stitches and now, the kids have bug bites all over their faces and necks! Maybe next month! Ethan and Mia take one nap during the day. They go to sleep around noon and will sleep a good hour. Occasionally, they'll take a late-afternoon nap, but it's becoming rare. They go to bed around 9:30pm and will sleep until 9am. The more they play outside, the better and longer they sleep!
Ethan hasn't really said any new words. He still talks jibberish, but not nearly as much as he used to. He now does this really high-pitched squeaking noise that can be kind of annoying. He's such a smart little boy. He knows exactly how to push our buttons! He's constantly testing us. Let's just say he's starting to spend a lot of time in time-out. I think the terrible two's are starting early for him. He's starting to hit, bite, and pull hair quite a bit (all on purpose.) He's always saying, "no, no, no" to us. Ethan is constantly on the move. He doesn't sit still all day. It amazes me how much energy he has. I know when he's getting tired because that's the only time he'll sit by me. He likes his feet and back rubbed when he's tired. He can be so sweet! His absolute favorite thing to do is to go outside. He's so good and busy out there. He likes to play with the rocks, play in the dirt, and walk around with gardening tools. He's such a little boy! He can now run pretty fast, which he does when he's trying to get away from us. If he sees us coming to put him down for a nap, he runs the opposite way. I try not to laugh, but it's funny! He also darts for our bedroom if the door is left open and for the baby gate if open. Ethan has been sleeping through the night for awhile now. The only time he doesn't is when we're away from home.
Mia hasn't said any new words either. Every time one of us leave the room and come back in, she says, "hi da." It's really cute. It sure puts a smile on your face! Mia doesn't test us nearly as much, but she does occasionally. Mike's put Mia in time-out a few times, but I haven't had to. She's very easy. Though, she's still super clingy. If I leave the room, she follows me whining. This can get old really fast! She loves to be carried around and she's happy as a clam if you're doing that. She loves to sit on my lap and will sit on the couch with me while I'm feeding Riley. She is walking really well and is trying to run a little bit. Going outside is also one of Mia's favorite things to do. She loves playing with the rocks and mulch, both of which she sticks in her mouth. Another one of her favorites is getting into the dog food. She's very tricky and quiet about it. Most of the time, you don't even know she's in the dog room. She also likes to put dog food in her mouth. Yuck! Mia sleeps through the night on a consistent basis, even when we're away from home. The only time she'll wake up is if she's not feeling well. Mia has been having issues with her left eye. It's been tracking outward for some time now. At first, it was only when she was day dreaming. Then, it also started doing it when she's tired. Now, it's also doing it when she focuses on something far away. She had an appointment with her eye doctor last week that I totally forgot about. I was so mad at myself! Her eye doctor is scheduling 2-3 weeks out, so she will go in early-June. Their last eye check-up went well. Both kids' vision was fine, which I'm thankful for! I hope we figure this eye thing out!
One of Ethan's obsessions - toilet plungers.
Eating Uncle Mark's & Dad's birthday cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment