She is very interested in different types of food. Lately, she hasn't wanted her bottle at all and would rather eat crackers. I've got to watch how many I give her. It's easy for me to set her in her high chair and give her some crackers so I can clean the kitchen. She just LOVES them. Her favorites are graham crackers, thanks to Grandma Krause. I hadn't given her any of those and when we went to visit, Grandma gave her one. She loves eating fruits (all kinds), vegetables (sweet potatoes, squash, peas) and Lil' crunchies. We're still weaning the breastfeeding. The only time she does it is when she wants to go to sleep. I don't know how I'm going to break her of that habit!
She started clapping yesterday. I tried to get it on camera, and she stopped immediately. We clap quite a bit for the twins when they do something cool, so she picked it up. It's pretty cute. Riley is SO close to crawling. She will lean over to get a toy and will be on all fours. I think she'll be taking off in a couple of weeks. She has also just started giving kisses. She keeps her mouth open while she does it, so it's pretty slobbery. It's just as sweet though!
Riley is still very unpredictable when she sleeps at night. Her bottom tooth just came in, so I'm really hoping she straightens out! We started laying her down when she's very sleepy but awake. She almost always falls asleep within 5 minutes. She has started taking better naps during the day. Though, I'd rather her sleep through the night than nap during the day. She'll wake up 1-3 times per night. She doesn't always want to eat. She wants to be held. I give in and put her next to me for an hour until she falls back asleep and then move her to her crib. She's usually in bed by 10pm and up at 8am with plenty of wakings during that period.
Her personality is more like Ethan's than Mia's. She loves to be where the action is. She'll cry if she's left alone in the living room. She is still a total momma's girl but is much better when Mike takes care of her. Riley smiles and laughs all of the time. She's a pretty happy baby but still very high-maintenance.
No comments:
Post a Comment