Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Headaches
I went to a neurologist yesterday for my headaches I've been having. I get them everyday and it's been 9 weeks now, so I wanted to get them checked out. The doctor thought that I have a chronic migraine, which explains why I'm sensitive to light, nauseous, and dizzy from time to time. He gave me a few different options as far as medications go. One medication would make me gain weight (ummm...no thanks, cross that one off the list), one would make my low blood pressure even lower, and the other option would be to get IV medications for a few days and still have to go on one of the preventative medications. Let me see... gain weight or feel dizzy. I'm going to try the propanolol, which is the one that will make my blood pressure low. He said I'll be on this medication for at least 2-3 months. I can come off the medication when I'm getting one headache or less a week. I had an MRI of my brain today, so I'm hoping to find the results out in the next couple of days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment