Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

I hope everyone had a good 4th of July. It was my holiday off, and it was a lot of fun spending it with family. We headed to Chamberlain to Mike's parents' house. They always have a Schmidt family reunion over the 4th of July. There were about 60 people there this weekend. The kids had a blast playing with everyone. Though, it took them a long time to warm up.

We went boating on the river while we were there. The kids all took turns riding the inner tube. Ethan and Riley loved it, Mia hated it. They all like riding on the boat and especially liked it when we hit waves. Ethan and Mia were half hanging off the boat to watch the water. They had life jackets on but it still made me pretty nervous.

We had a lot of fireworks to light off. The kids enjoyed watching the different colors as they went off. Their favorites were the snaps (the ones you throw on the floor and they pop) and the smoke bombs.

We had a lot of help with the kids this weekend. It's always nice to have a little break. I only changed a handful of diapers. Thanks to everyone who helped out!


Wearing a funky hat.


Riley and Grandpa Schmidt.

I love this picture. Ethan popped his head in the frame at the very last second.


Lawn mower rides. Are we a little red-neck?



Uncle Mark and Mia.

She looks pissed. I think this was after her inner tube ride.

Mia's turn on the tube. She screamed bloody murder. Her ride lasted 20 seconds.

I even rode it. I'm actually scared to ride it. When Mike and I were first dating, we went on an inner tube ride, were going extremely fast, and crashed really hard. This was the first time I climbed back on.

Mike, Riley, and Ethan.


He couldn't wait to climb in. Ethan is not afraid of anything.



No comments: