Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Random Pictures

Mike and I leave for Washington DC in a week. I am literally counting down the days. I can't wait to get away for awhile. God knows Mike and I definitely could use some time to ourselves. We're planning on going to the Holocaust Museum, one of the Smithsonian Museums, the major monuments, and hopefully the Ford Theater. There is so much to do there. We had to come up with a list and Mike told me that it's my job to make an itinerary. That's a lot of pressure! My parents are going to watch the kids from Wednesday to Friday, and Mike's parents are going to watch them from Friday to Sunday. They'll be in good hands!

I've been reading a ton on potty training. A lot of people suggest letting them either run around naked or put them in underwear. I let Mia run around naked yesterday and she pooped in the potty chair. Yey! It was actually quite funny to watch. She sat down for about 2 seconds, pooped, and then got up right away. She didn't want to be anywhere near her poop. Ethan, on the other hand, was obsessed. We waved and said, "good-bye poop" as I flushed the toiled. (The things you do when you have kids. If you asked me 5 years ago if I would be waving to poop and saying bye, I'd have called you crazy.) I left to go grocery shopping and Mike had put her in underwear. When I returned, Mia was wearing a diaper. I knew this was a bad sign. She peed all over the couch and Mike had to get the steam-cleaner out. He wasn't in a very good mood at all!



They all have a "deer in the headlights" look. I'm not really sure what was going on. It was kind of a weird picture that I had to include it.

It's weird to me that our kids are going to grow up texting and playing on the internet. This kind of makes me sad in a way!


He always looks so surprised when I take his picture. Not sure why. He's done this same look since he was a baby!



Woa! So surprised!

Riley stands at the top of the stairs and yells, "Dad?", all of the time.

Mike calls these her "Grandma pajamas." I think she looks really cute in them, although a little grandmotherly!

No comments: