Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Riley's 17 Month Update

Almost 1 1/2 years old! My baby is getting so big. Nothing too big has happened this past month. We've been enjoying the summer as much as we can. I don't like being hot, so we tend to go outside during the evening. All three kids LOVE running through the sprinkler. We strip them down naked and they have a blast. Riley gets right in there. It's hilarious to watch. Her little chubby legs get going fast when she runs through the water and she giggles when it hits her.

Riley's personality is still in between Ethan and Mia's. Riley can be very sweet, cuddly, and kissy like Mia, but she can be very mischievous and curious, like Ethan. Riley has no problem sticking up for herself. She'll go after Mia if Mia makes her mad, but tends to be a little more reserved about going after Ethan. Ethan will push her or hit her back, and Mia tends not to do that, so I guess that's the reason why.

She is still a major mama's girl. She is a pain to get to sleep at night, but she goes to bed just fine when I'm at work. Riley doesn't know it yet, but tonight will be the last night she gets to nurse. I'm kind of sad about it, but at the same time, I'm ready to be done. Mike and I fly out to Washington DC tomorrow morning. This will be the best time to wean her!

Riley loves almost every kind of food. She is always the first one at the table when I say it's time to eat. She likes sitting at the little kids' table with Ethan and Mia. They all get along, for the most part!

Riley has a couple of molars coming in, but hasn't been too crabby. She's definitely clingy though! She has her 18 month check-up next month (if I don't forget to make the appointment!) It'll be interesting to see if she's grown any. I hope she gets a little taller! Mia is supposed to be 5 feet 2 inches, so I hope Riley is at least that as well! I'm just happy that Ethan is going to be somewhat tall. Wouldn't it be weird if Ethan was really short and my girls were tall?



Sitting naked in their hummer.


I love how chubby her legs are. Nothing is cuter than a chubby baby!


Riley has to do everything Ethan does.

She makes this face a lot. My dad does the same face!

No comments: