Mike and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary! It's hard to believe that it's all ready been 7 years (together for 10. Wow, a decade!) A lot has happened in that time! We met in Cancun on spring break my sophomore year of college (his junior.) There were a lot of ironic things that happened from the beginning. We both went to USD but had never seen each other. He said he saw me in the Minneapolis airport and decided that he wanted to meet me. We flew on the same flight down and back from Cancun and staid in the same hotel but different floors. Shortly before we went to Cancun, my friends and I rented an apartment that was two doors down from where he was living with his friends. It's been a wild and crazy 7 years, never boring for a second. I'm thankful for having such an awesome husband and for him being such a great father! We had a nice night out. We went to Foley's, which is a fancy steakhouse. Mike had a monstrous steak and I had some chicken and shrimp pasta. We shared a bottle of wine and a piece of cheesecake. It was very good! Of course, the kids came up in our conversation, but we also had a nice adult conversation. It's so relaxing to sit back and eat a quiet meal. We were going to go to a movie, but we missed the time. I'd have liked to have seen the new Harry Potter flick, but Mike isn't into Harry Potter. He wanted to see, "Due Date", which I was unsure of, so I guess it's good that we missed the time!
After dinner, we went to Big Lots, World Market, and Petco. It was fun to walk around and look at things without three little ones in tow. We decided to get an oven for our gifts to each other. I know, how romantic! After our shopping trip, we came home to three excited wild kids! Thanks Grandpa and Grandma Schmidt for babysitting!
I thought it'd be fun to post some of our wedding pictures. It was fun to look through them again. I hope I didn't go a little overboard!











2 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!!
Fun pictures to look at!
Post a Comment