Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, Bucky!

Happy Birthday to my St. Patty's Day girl! It's amazing to me that she's all ready 3. It seems impossible that she's all ready in the "tiresome three's." It's going to be a long year. :) Ethan and Mia are finally acting like normal little people and now I have another three year old. Oh well.

Anyhow, aren't I supposed to be telling you how sweet Riley is? Yes, she's a very sweet little kid. Her attitude is coming out more and more, but she is a sweetie. She's my little helper. She wants to assist me with everything. She likes to help load and unload the dishwasher, cook meals, clean, feed the pets etc. She always says yes if I ask her to get something for me.

Riley loves to do art projects. Painting tops her list of favorites. When I'm feeling brave, I get out their easel and aprons and let them go to town. She also likes to play with play doh and loves to color.

She asks me every day if she can go to preschool with Ethan and Mia. She usually cries when I tell her she can't. I'm going to get her in a preschool program in September. I know she'll love it.

She's very outgoing and friendly. Riley makes little friends wherever we go. She's quick to smile and laugh and likes to please people. She likes to be involved with everything and will get her feelings hurt if she's not included.

Riley loves getting her hair done. She usually asks for it to be in a braid. She absolutely HATES having her hair brushed. It's always a battle getting it done. Some days, I want to shave her hair off. I bet, some days, she would like that too.

Her speech has improved so much. I was worried that she would need speech therapy at the beginning of the year. She is doing so much better. She is talking a lot more and is easier to understand.

She no longer takes naps for me. She still has to go for "quiet time" in her room. (Though, it's not really quiet because they come out a gazillion times to see what I'm doing.) Riley is usually ready for bed between 8-9pm. She likes to read a few books and always tries to get me to lay down with her until she falls asleep. She loves sleeping in the same room as the twins.

Riley loves having her tummy and armpits rubbed and is still very cuddly. Most days, you'll find her sitting on my lap. She has been such a great addition to our family! We love her very much!

We started Riley's birthday at IHOP, which is her favorite restaurant. She wanted the usual, make-a-face pancakes.

After we ate, we went with Mark to the St. Patty's Day parade. My sister and her family, along with my dad and brother, were there. It was a lot of fun. I couldn't believe how many people were there. There were hundreds of people for blocks and blocks. I loved seeing all the green.

The kids loved the parade, especially the candy. They each had a little stash when the parade was over. Their favorites were the leprechauns and the horses.


After the parade, we went to Sarah's house for a grill-out. The kids had fun playing with their cousins and they even went on a bike ride with Grandpa.

The Birthday Girl on the way home. She was so tuckered out!

No comments: