I couldn't wait to tear her down. It only took us a day to take it down. It was rather easy. Mike unscrewed the windows, and I took the windows from him and placed them in our driveway. They sat in the driveway for a few days until we decided to rent a huge dumpster. We were contemplating hauling the scraps to the dump ourselves, but it was easier, and probably cheaper, in the long run to get the dumpster.

I think our house looks naked now! We are now trying to decide what to do with the huge hole in front of the three windows. It goes down 5-6 feet. We'll probably end up buying some window wells and fill it with dirt. We got an estimate from a company and they want $1300 to fill it with dirt. WHAT?!?! That seems crazily expensive to me.
We want to try and get it done before winter, but I guess it's not a huge deal if we don't. I don't want any little kids falling in the hole, however. The only drawback to taking down the greenhouse is all of the storage space we lost. We stored the kids' outside toys in there during the winter. We'll need to figure something else out.



No comments:
Post a Comment