Thursday, September 5, 2013

First Day

 Ethan and Mia started kindergarten on August 21st. Mia had the stomach flu that day, so she missed her very first day of school.
 I bought them some cupcakes for an after-school treat. I was able to adjust my work schedule and take Ethan on the first day.
 It blows my mind how big they are. It doesn't seem possible that they are all ready in kindergarten. It makes me sad!

 I let the kids pick out their own book bags. Ethan picked out a batman book bag that has a cape hooked on the back.

 He did really well when I dropped him off. I could tell he was really nervous, but he didn't shed one tear. I was amazed. I, on the other hand, cried like a baby.
 He didn't want to do his "three hug-kiss" (he wants to hug and kiss three times) when I dropped him off. I think he was embarrassed. I did get one hug and one kiss from him.

 Mia was feeling better on the second day of school. I had to work that day and felt really bad that I couldn't take them on the second day. She was over the moon excited for her first day and wanted to ride the bus.
 Mia picked out a Hello Kitty book bag with white polka dots. She was the first one to the bus that day. I can all ready tell that she's going to love kindergarten. The jury is still out on Ethan.

The bus comes at 7:15 am to pick them up. I think it's kind of early, especially since school doesn't start until 8:00. We only live 3 miles from the school. They ride the bus 45 minutes there. School gets out at 3:00 pm and they usually get home around 4:00 pm, so that's another hour on the bus. I think it's an awfully long time, but we don't have much of a choice.
 Mia's two boyfriends from preschool are in her class. I saw them standing in her line when I dropped Ethan off. My first thought was, "oh great." She does not need boyfriends!
My babies are growing up way too fast.

No comments: