Tuesday, September 3, 2013

New Roommate

We have a new roommate! My little sister, Kelly, moved in with us last week. She graduated from the University of Minnesota with a biology major last year. She decided to go back to school and get a bachelor's in Medical Lab Science. She'll be staying with us for a year while she finishes up some classes.

The kids are elated at having Aunt Kelly here. They don't quite understand why she's here though. :) They keep asking where her house is and where her parents are and why she doesn't live with her mom and dad. It's pretty comical. Every day we come home and see Kelly's car in the driveway, they get really excited and yell, "Kelly's here!" They've done this for a week straight now.

Kelly moved into our master bedroom upstairs and Mike and I moved to the master bedroom downstairs. Mike has been wanting to move downstairs for the last 5 years, but I didn't want the kids to be alone upstairs. Now that Kelly is here, I felt comfortable moving downstairs.

We put new carpet in our bedroom and are getting things organized. It's nice having a bigger room and it is quieter being downstairs except for when the kids STOMP down the stairs. It sounds like a herd of buffalo are coming down the stairs.

The kids (mainly the girls) are having fun getting into Kelly's stuff. They like to snoop through her makeup, fingernail polish, perfume, jewelry, and markers. They're pretty good about leaving Kelly alone when she has her door shut, but Kelly does lock the door if they bug her too much. It's funny because I hear them pounding on her door saying, "Kelly? Kelly? Let me in. Can I come in?"    

No comments: