It's done. I can't say it was the most pleasant experience. I wanted to be put under general anesthesia for the procedure, but the anesthesiologist said that the baby would be exposed to the medication, so I opted for a spinal.
They wheeled me back to an operating room on labor and delivery. One of my old coworkers from the NICU is going to nurse anesthesia school and she was the student for the day. It was nice to see her and catch up. She kept my mind off of the entire thing, and made it go by a little faster.
It took about 35 minutes and they brought me to a room in triage. It took several hours for the spinal to wear off and they monitored me for contractions during that time. They let me go home and I was on bed rest through the weekend.
I go in again in a week to check my cervical length. Dr. McNamara is very optimistic that I will go full-term!
No comments:
Post a Comment