Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy 4th of July!

 We made our annual trip to Chamberlain for the 4th of July weekend and family reunion. There weren't quite as many people there this year, which was actually kind of nice. Some years, there are 50-60 people there and this year, there were about 30.
 There weren't too many kids for them to play with this year, but that didn't stop them from having fun. They really like Mike's aunts and uncles and kept busy by playing with them. We did some boating and tubing on the river. The kids and I went at a snail's pace (just the way I prefer it.) I'm a chicken when it comes to tubing.
 We let the kids light off some smoke bombs and glow worms this year. They thought they were pretty special doing that.






 The girls like to ham it up for the camera. I love looking at the pictures and seeing their personalities shine through.
 One of their favorites is the parachute. They all run and try to catch it. I remember doing this as a kid. It was my absolute favorite! We bought enough parachutes that each child was able to get 1 or 2 of them.
 I love this picture. She is such a smiley girl and almost always happy.
Nice picture of my boy! I have to catch him off-guard to get a good smile out of him. He doesn't like getting his picture taken very much.
 Uncle Mark is a big geek and brings earphones because the fireworks hurt his ears.
Another one of my favorites. My silly sweet girl.

No comments: