Monday, January 12, 2009

Not much new

I thought I'd post some random pictures of Ethan and Mia. They haven't done anything new in a little while. Though, Ethan is starting to let go of the couch and stand for a couple of seconds before he falls down. He also likes to push around his highchair and walk behind it. I'm guessing he'll be trying to walk soon. I can tell he wants to take a few steps but gets scared. He is also working on getting his incisor, which hasn't been fun for everyone involved! He has started saying, "ruff ruff." It sounds more like a growl than a bark!

I think Mia might be getting her bottom teeth. Her gums have been swollen on and off for weeks now. I really hope she gets some teeth soon! If she doesn't have any by 15 months, she is going to need an x-ray. She has gotten very clingy to me. It started when I went back to work and it's getting worse and worse! She's my little shadow. I don't remember the last time I went to the bathroom by myself. Ethan is usually the first to follow, then Mia, and then one or both of the dogs. It makes me laugh most of the time! (Notice the key word, most!)

I forgot to post their new weights at their one year check-up. Ethan weighed 24 pounds 9oz and was 29 3/4 inches long. His weight is in the 70th percentile (last check-up it was 90th) and his length was 50th percentile (last check-up it was 75th.) The doctor said it was good that he was slimming down. His head is still off the charts! :)

Mia weighed 18 pounds 11 oz and was 28 3/4 inches long. Her weight was in the 15th percentile (last check-up was 25th) and her length was in the 45th percentile (last check-up it was the same.) Apparently, she's got a larger than average head too! Her head was in the 85th percentile (last check-up it was 80th.) I don't know where these guys are getting their big heads! The doctor commented it must be from their dad since I don't have a big head! I agreed!

Having fun in the tub!

Watching the dogs outside.

Dad thought it would be a good idea to take us sledding. We're having a blast!

Mia's bed head.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

The sledding picture cracks me up. I can tell they are just loving it. How funny! That picture will be a classic in the years to come.