Riley is 2 months old today! She has been smiling quite a bit lately. She usually is in a good mood in the mornings and smiles a lot then. Riley usually sticks her tongue out when she smiles, which cracks me up. She is still breastfeeding quite a bit. She's like clockwork and wakes up at 2am and 6am every night to eat. She also eats off and on all day. We've been giving her about a bottle a day. I have to go back to work in a few weeks, so we want to make sure she doesn't throw a fit when she has to have a bottle. She's doing better with them. Though, she's not a fan!
She loves to be carried around so she can look at things and will fuss when she's put down. Riley is awake for most of the day, which amazes me. I guess she doesn't need much sleep. She still isn't a big fan of her swing or bouncy chair. She does love her baby bjorn, so we use that a lot. She will nap in her baby bjorn but will wake up immediately if I set her down. What a stinker!
She's starting to sleep in her crib a little more, which I'm thankful for. She usually is asleep by 11pm and will sleep in her crib until the 2am feeding. She'll sometimes sleep in her crib after that feeding. I've noticed when it's chilly at night, she doesn't like sleeping in her crib.
She has her 2 month check-up on Tuesday. I'm really curious to see what she weighs. She's really gotten chunky in the last couple of weeks. She has a double chin and big rolls on her thighs. She's all ready starting to grow out of her newborn clothes. She's been in size 1 diapers for the past couple of weeks. It's amazing how fast they grow and change!
Mia is starting to warm up to Riley a little more. She's been giving her tons of kisses lately. It's really sweet. She also likes to rub her head a lot. I still have to watch her because she can be a little rough. Ethan is having a harder time with Riley. Riley is awake a lot more and requires even more attention and Ethan doesn't like that at all. He tries to hit her quite a bit. Last week, Ethan came up to Riley while I was feeding her. I wasn't paying much attention to what he was doing and Riley started kicking like mad and screaming. I looked down and Ethan had her foot in his mouth. The blanket was covering her foot, but he still left little teeth marks. Poor Riley! Riley is going to be one tough little girl with these older siblings!
1 comment:
I burst out laughing when I saw Riley's pictures. You have such cute babies!! Their facial expressions are priceless. Give Chubby LaRue a kiss from her favorite auntie! Love you! Amber p.s. The Ethan-biting-Riley's-foot story is a classic.
Post a Comment