Ethan had his speech evaluation done today. It was nice because the speech therapist and other evaluator came to our house. I guess the whole church nursery thing traumatized Ethan and Mia because the second they walked in the house, they both started screaming bloody murder, which they've never done before. They must have thought that I was going to leave them with the two ladies.
They did physical tests with him which he passed with flying colors. He needs no help that way. They also had him follow directions, like take the block out of the container, put it back in. I'm surprised he listened to them. He doesn't listen to me that well!
The speech therapist showed him pictures and asked him where the cookie, ball, baby etc were. Ethan was able to point almost everything out for her. She asked him to say baby, puppy, kitty and a few other words. I think he knows more than what he lets on! I told her that when I try to get him to say something, every two syllable word comes out as "dahdah." She said that he should be putting more words together than he is now. He did qualify for speech therapy through the Birth to 3 program but barely. He was one point over what a 29 month old should score, so they kind of changed his score a little bit so he would qualify now. Otherwise, we would have had to wait a month to start therapy. The therapist said that he'll get 6 months of speech therapy. It's 45 minutes per week and they come to our house. We're also going to get his hearing tested to make sure there are no issues there. He did have a stubborn ear infection when he was younger that needed a couple rounds of antibiotics. I think he hears fine, but we want to cover all our bases.
They had a miniature baby and a bottle that Ethan wanted to keep badly, along with a plastic spoon, a bear, and a coffee cup. He snatched those items and ran downstairs when his testing was over. I think he was hoping I didn't see him take those things. He threw a huge fit when I gave them back to the ladies! It's funny the weird things he takes a liking to.
1 comment:
Isnt it nice that they come to the house:)) When I had the twins I just started back to home therapy instead of driving to the hospital twice a week.. and it has been awesome!!
Post a Comment