Friday, August 6, 2010

Weekly Recap

-I had to work last weekend. It went well. Mike's parents came down for the weekend to help out with the kids.

-My kids are always little monsters the Monday and Tuesday after I work. I guess they're paying me back for being gone!

-I wanted to give Ethan away several times this week. He was in quite the mood on Monday and Tuesday. He knows how to push my buttons!

-Ethan put a half bottle of lotion on his head. Meanwhile, Mia was squirting soap all over the counter. Do other peoples' kids do this?

-Riley has started hitting, biting, and pinching me if I don't do what she wants me to do.

-Riley now refers to herself as, "Ri-Ri." It's really cute. When she wants a bite or something to drink, she says, "a Ri-Ri bite" or "a Ri-Ri drink."

-I'm still working on potty-training with Mia. This is going to be a long process!

-Ethan took his diaper off yesterday during nap time and peed all over his bed.

-Ethan and Mia love it when we lay down and cuddle with them before they go to bed.

-Ethan had his speech session yesterday. He's a lot more comfortable with Laura! In fact, when she was leaving, he said, "bye Rora." Too cute! She always blows bubbles for him. This time, he tried eating all of the bubbles. I let Mia stay upstairs for the majority of his session. She had a lot of fun playing with the new toys.

-My dad goes to the Mayo Clinic every so often to get his kidneys checked out. They found little tumors on them several years ago. His tumors are fine, but they found a huge kidney stone. He had to have surgery yesterday to get it out. Except, they couldn't get it out and now he has to go back next week.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Last week Finley squeezed out an entire tube of Desitin and smeared it all over herself. And, we often find them in the bathtub pouring out all of the bodywash and such. Its a never ending battle to keep liquids and creams around our house.