Friday, September 17, 2010

Riley is 18 Months Today

It's hard to believe my baby is 1 1/2. I wish time would slow just a little bit. She's getting so big so fast. We've been pretty busy this past month. The biggest change is that Riley is completely weaned from nursing. It definitely wasn't easy! She still wants to do it, but I haven't given in.

She has such a cute little personality. She's the perfect mix of Ethan and Mia. She can be tough and routy to play with Ethan and she can be sweet and gentle just like Mia. Ethan and Riley tend to fight a lot. If Ethan takes something away from her, Riley yells at the top of her lungs, "ETHAN!" It cracks me up. She learns so many naughty things from the twins. It's like I have three 2 1/2 year olds running around. When Riley gets mad at the twins, she pulls their hair. Mia has such long hair and Riley takes a big chunk and yanks. Mia hollers and then tries to scratch Riley. Ethan will give her a big push if she pulls his hair. I feel like a referee!

Riley has been talking a lot. I can't understand some of what she says, but she sure jabbers a lot! I've been going over her body parts with her. She has caught on to the things on her face, especially her nose. She also knows where her eyes, mouth, and teeth are.

She has gotten 5 teeth in the past month and is working on another one. Poor thing. It can't feel good to get all of those teeth! She hasn't been too crabby, either. Riley has been sleeping through the night again. Thank goodness! It was those darn teeth that was causing her to wake up all night. She takes one nap a day for an hour or so.

We've been enjoying the outdoors, especially since it has cooled off. We play on our swingset a lot and have been going to some local parks. It's weird to think that the snow will be flying before long!

Riding the carousel at the zoo.


At least one of them is looking at the camera.


Naughty girl likes to sit in the sink and turn the water on.

For some reason, I thought it was a good idea to give them each their own chocolate ice cream cone. All three of them looked like this!


No comments: