Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Butterfly House

I took my little devils to the Butterfly House a few days ago. My little sister, Jenna, was in town, so she came too. It was the first time that we've been there. It really is a neat place. I ended up buying a year's membership for it.

They have quite a few salt-water fish tanks, some frogs, some bugs, and tons of butterflies. The butterflies are in an entirely separate room and they fly all around you. I wasn't quite ready for the 90 degree heat in the butterfly room. It was extremely humid in there as well. My camera fogged up several times. We actually only stayed in the butterfly room for about 15 minutes because it was too hot in there!

The kids were pretty well behaved. They really liked the butterflies. Riley was a little scared at first because one butterfly kept flying right in her face. She kept trying to get it away from her. It was pretty funny! She disappeared for a second and we found her sitting on a bench. I guess she had had enough!

They also have a little play area with toys, books, and a lizard that the kids all thought was a snake. I rarely take all three kids out by myself because they're still pretty unpredictable and don't listen to me very well (anyone else have that problem?) Plus, the three of them combined is like a pack of wild beasts. I can take two out with no problems, but all three together is kind of a nightmare. But I think I could manage all three of them by myself at the Butterfly House. The place isn't very big so if one got away from me, I could spot them pretty easily.



He was trying to get the butterfly off of the leaf. It wouldn't budge and he finally gave up.
It kind of looks like one huge garden.


She spotted a monarch.


These butterflies are huge!

No comments: