She's Ethan's opposite in a lot of ways. Mia is very cautious and hardly ever gets hurt. Things tend to scare her more. I bought a remote control spider. Boy, I had fun with that thing. It completely freaked her out. When she's scared, she puts both of her hands up to her cheeks and her eyes get really big. She kind of looks like the kid in "Home Alone."
She was such an easy baby and an easier 2-year old. However, this has changed. Her personality has really come out. She's still easier than Ethan, but she can be pretty naughty. She likes to scratch and pull hair when someone makes her mad. She has mastered screaming at the top of her lungs to get attention. She's an instigator and likes to pick on the other two.
Mia, hands down, is the sneaky one. I think she's going to give us a run for our money when she gets older. She likes to snatch stuff and hide behind the couch and get into whatever she took. Her absolute favorite is my mascara. She covers herself and Riley in black mascara. It really wouldn't be that big of a deal but I have to buy expensive mascara because I have sensitive eyes. It is very irritating seeing her smear my $30 mascara all over their naked bodies.
She also likes to take my handsoap and squirt it on her head. And on Riley's head. Mia will get her hands on our phones or cameras and hide behind the couch. The only reason we know this is because we have 50 pictures of the back of the couch and parts of Mia's body.
Mia was a great sleeper when she was a baby and early-toddler. She hardly ever woke up during the night. This has changed for some reason. When she had RSV and pneumonia, I let her sleep with us to keep an eye on her. Well, almost every single night since then, she comes into our room hoping to crawl in our bed. I give her a drink of milk and I put her back in her room. Sometimes she comes back a second time and sometimes not.
She is very smart. One night, I didn't wake up right away when she came in (which is rare.) She went to Mike's side of the bed and he let her crawl in bed with us. I woke up and walked her back to her room. I seriously wanted to chew him out right then and there. But, being a nice wife, I waited until the next day. (I don't mind her sleeping with us every once in awhile, but I don't like getting woken up every night.) Well, last night, she didn't even try to wake me up. She went straight to Mike's side and sure enough, he let her get in bed with us. I woke up with my snuggly Mia right next to me. Little squirt. And my chewing Mike out obviously didn't sink in.
She is starting to master going from parent to parent to get a "yes" answer. She'll ask Mike for ice cream, and he'll say "no." She'll then come ask me for ice cream. Not knowing that he said "no", I'll give her some. It has started all ready. :)
She's still very little. She weighs 27 pounds and wears 3T clothing. She and Riley actually share clothes which leads to some fights.
She picks out all of her outfits from her shirt to socks. She does a decent job at matching her clothes. She's in love with her elmo pajamas and elmo shirts. If they're clean and in her drawer, that's what she picks out. She honestly changes 5 times a day. Every time she comes out of her room, she has a different outfit on. I love seeing her outfits! She has never wanted to wear any of Ethan's things.
She's girlie. Mia loves having her toenails painted. She usually chooses red for the nail polish. She hates getting her hair fixed and brushed. I've wanted to give her a buzz cut many times trying to brush through her hair!
Mia tends to be a pest. If I'm on my I-Pad, she'll come over and quick tap the screen a few times and run away. If Ethan is playing Superman on my computer, she'll come over and slap the keyboard a couple times and run away fast. This makes Ethan yell and she just laughs! If Riley is playing quietly with her babies, Mia will sneak up behind her and grab a baby and run.
Mia's speech is also getting better. The other day, we were sitting at the table and she said, "Mommy, I'm happy." It instantly brought a smile to my face. She also will tell me, "Mommy, I miss you." She dips her voice when she says, "you", and it's so adorable. She will also tell me I'm mean and ucky when she's upset.
She doesn't like watching much tv either. She'll watch it when she's tired or sick. Her favorites are, "Dino Dan", "Horseland", "Spongebob", "Curious George" and "Gooby." She does like going to the movies and will sit through almost the entire film. Eating popcorn and drinking pop is one of her favorites too!
Mia is very sweet and cuddly. She'll sit on my lap for hours at a time. She's even-tempered. She does get mad but will get over it faster than her brother. She's got a contagious laugh and smile. Her laugh is also devilish sounding. I always look to see what she's laughing at because it always sounds like she's up to something.

No comments:
Post a Comment