I slept in Nathan's room upstairs with Ethan and Mia. Riley decided to sleep on the couch. It's a good thing because there wasn't room anyhow! The bed frame was broken so the bed tilted downward at a pretty big angle. My mom put satin sheets on the bed. You can imagine how slippery it was. Ethan fell out of the damn thing FIVE times. Yes, five times. I kept hearing thump after thump all night long. The amazing thing is he never cried. I just kept picking him up and putting him back in bed. My feet were dangling off the end of the bed for most of the night, and Mia kept sliding downward. I could feel her crawling up to the top of the bed multiple times that night.
I'm sure I looked like a zombie the next morning. My dad, who is just as a light sleeper as me, said to me, "I heard that kid fall out of bed." (He calls all of the grandkids "that kid".) Ummm...yeah, try five times. I looked at my mom and asked her why she would put satin sheets on a bed that tilts downward. My mom was trying not to laugh because none of us got any sleep. We both finally busted out laughing. It was pretty funny.
The boys wanted to show me their dangling ability. Pretty impressive.
No comments:
Post a Comment