I initially was planning on going by myself. Mike convinced me to take Riley, and then Mia, somehow, came along too. Ethan stayed with Mike, but I almost brought him too because he was sobbing when I left. He had fun with Mike though. They went to IHOP, went kayaking and did boy stuff.
The girls had fun with all of their aunts and uncles. They get so much attention and not to mention a bunch of junk food! They have my mom and dad wrapped around their fingers. I overheard my mom telling Mia it was okay to have pop at 10am.
We had corn on the cob one night for supper. Riley took the little corn on the cob holders you put on the ends, and started putting them in the cracks of the table. Not wanting her to scratch the table, Amber told her to stop. My dad then chimed in too and told her not to do that. She looked at my dad and burst into tears. She said, "Grandpa is mean to me." She must have said it a dozen times. It was so funny. I told my dad what she was saying and he said, "I'm not mean to her." She'd start to settle down a little bit and would start crying again and would say, "Grandpa is mean to me." I could tell my dad felt bad. He tried giving her a piece of fudge, and then an oatmeal cream pie, both of which she rejected. He then gave her a vanilla wafer and she was happy again and told him she loved him.
I only took six pictures the entire weekend, which is so not like me. I was disappointed when I unloaded my camera and realized it. I brought my camera to the shower, but Mia and Riley kept me so busy. They kept running off and making a bunch of noise. Riley then pooped in her underwear. Yuck. I didn't take one picture at the shower!
Jenna's shower was on Sunday, which was part of the reason we didn't want to get too carried away. It was a smaller shower, but it made it more intimate. We all gave her advice on marriage. My Grandma came to the shower. She's almost 90 but is so fiesty. Every time it was her turn to talk, she pretty much would tell Jenna not to get married. We finally stopped calling on her. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment