Monday, December 19, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday, Ethan and Mia!

Happy Birthday to my favorite set of twins! They're 4. Wow! It seems like just yesterday that they were babies. They're growing up so fast and becoming such cute little people.

I think most people know that Mike and I needed help getting pregnant. I had a feeling when we started trying for a baby that we were going to have problems. We went to a fertility specialist when we were living in Phoenix.

They did so many tests and lab draws on me. The only thing they could find was mild endometriosis for me. Mike had a minor problem as well. I think both of us being "sub-fertile" is why we were having a hard time getting pregnant.

I got pregnant on our third intra-uterine insemination. (It's a good thing too because our next step would have been IVF.) I was using injectable fertility drugs along with clomid. There's always a chance for multiples when you use fertility drugs. The cycle I got pregnant, I could have been pregnant with 4 or 5 babies. Needless to say, I was really worried when I got a positive pregnancy test. I kept telling myself that God wouldn't give me quads or quints. He just wouldn't!

The fertility clinic was worried as well because my hcg levels were through the roof. They were worried it was high order multiples as well. They had me come in right away for an ultrasound. I was SO extremely nervous when I went in for that ultrasound. Here are what twins look like at 4weeks 4 days...

They are just teeny tiny black dots. I was so relieved when I saw it was only twins. We could see their hearts beating at that time. It was amazing!

Here they are close up. It's hard to believe that they start that small. These are the two that have been rocking our world for the last 4 years.

More pictures and posts to follow!

No comments: