Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy Weekend!

I've been working straight days for almost two months. It has been awesome! I can't believe how much less tired I am. I knew that nights were taking a toll on me, but I didn't realize just how bad it was! I'm liking the clinic. It's a lot different, but I'm catching on. I've met so many nice people and some weird ones here and there. The two providers are very nice and patient. I'm learning tons!

I don't like having to deal with insurance companies, but that comes with the job, so I had better get used to it! The nurses have to get pre-authorizations for MRI's, certain medications etc. It's beyond frustrating having to deal with them. It can take days and many hours on the phone, from start to finish and then they'll deny it for some little reason, so you have to start over. I can't tell you how much I hate insurance companies. Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield is one of the worst. I'm just saying.

Having weekends off has been life changing. It's so nice to have a normal schedule. We can now plan stuff in advance and I know I'll have it off. It's the same way with holidays. I don't think I could ever go back to working nights, weekends, and holidays! Right now, I work all day Tuesdays, half day Wednesdays, and half day Thursdays. I'd really like to do two shifts and work all day, but I don't have to work Fridays, so I'm not complaining! :)

The kids are adjusting well to my new schedule. They like going to Elizabeth's house, but they are ready to get home too. It's the best of both worlds. Riley has gotten even more clingy to me when I'm home (I didn't think that was possible.) I hope that lessens with time. Ethan and Mia have done really well with the transition.

Mike and I are still trying to perfect our routine. It gets kind of complicated figuring out who is picking the kids up and with what vehicle since all of the car seats are in the van. The girls are getting some booster seats for Christmas, so that'll help! We've been taking all the car seats out of the van and leaving them at Elizabeth's house. That is getting really old really fast!

I hope you all have a good weekend! We are going to the Sertoma Butterfly house on Saturday. Mike wants to look at coral and the kids and I are going to check out the butterflies.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Bleh to working nights, weekends, and holidays. I hate it! I imagine though that I will be doing it forever. Sad face...