Our kiddos started daycare on August 14th. It's a big center, so I was a little nervous as to how they were going to do. Their days are going to be long.
They were all pretty excited to go, especially Riley. They are going to have preschool activities throughout the day. She has been itching to go to preschool for a year now.
I dropped them off at 7:30 am. The girls did fine, but Ethan shed some tears. He was better when he was able to wave as I drove away. I called to check up on them and their teachers said they were doing well and getting along with the other kids. I was relieved! I felt bad leaving my crying child in a strange place.
I came to pick them up at 5:45 pm. It was a little weird. They weren't in their preschool rooms so I had to walk around the center to find them. The girls were outside playing on the teeter-totter. They were happy to see me! Riley ran up to me and said with a huge smile on her face, "Mommy, everybody didn't laugh at my hair, Mommy, they didn't laugh at my hair!" It made me laugh but it was kind of sad at the same time. I don't want her worried about people laughing at her hair. :(
Ethan was playing in the school-age room. It surprised me that they weren't playing together. He must not have felt like playing outside. He was watching, "Aladdin", with a group of kids. He was excited to see me! He had fun but wanted to go home.
They were completely filthy, exhausted, and hungry! They all said they had fun. It was really easy getting them to bed that night. My work schedule changed a little, so one week, I work two full days, and the next week, I work 3 full days. It's going to be a little bit of a change for the kids. I hope they do well!


No comments:
Post a Comment