A few months ago, I took Riley to an early childhood development screening. She did well but struggled with the language part. They wanted me to bring her back in the fall to see how she did.
We had the screening a month ago, and she did really well. Pam, the speech teacher that works with the twins, said she did well on the speech part and wouldn't qualify for that. We finished the questionnaire and Lisa, the director, said she didn't think she would qualify since she did so well.
She called me a few weeks ago and told me that Riley did qualify for the preschool program. The reason being she has quite a few accidents (pees her pants) during the day. Lisa said that was the only way she got in. According to the scoring, someone her age shouldn't be having accidents. I know it's something she is going to grow out of so I'm not too worried about it.
I am glad she got in. She has been wanting to go to preschool with the twins ever since they started. The teachers are amazing there! I can't say enough good things about them.
Riley was so excited when I told her she gets to go to preschool! Her first day was November 5th. She has Julie for a teacher (same as Mia.)
Riley goes in the morning from 8:00am to 11:00 am (Monday through Thursday.) The twins go from 12:00 to 3:00 pm (Monday through Thursday.)
Here she is on her first day of school. She was happy that she got to carry her bookbag with her.



No comments:
Post a Comment