Wednesday, April 15, 2009

New Tooth for Mia!

It's been a rough couple of days here. Both Ethan and Mia are teething. Mia's upper left tooth finally broke through (this makes number 3!) She woke up crying last night but other than that, she hasn't been a bad teether. Though, I'd say she's more feisty and clingy than normal. Ethan is a different story. He doesn't deal with teething well at all, which surprises me. He can hit his head and the sound alone makes me cringe, but he doesn't flinch or cry. His left lower first molar should break through in the next couple of days. I hope it happens soon! He's extremely irritable and hasn't been sleeping well at all. He's been waking up at night for the past few nights, and he isn't taking his normal naps. He also has been screaming at the top of his lungs and throwing multiple fits each day. I bought some teething tablets for them. I've got to trick them and hide the tablets in food. Otherwise, they clamp their mouths shut and it's impossible for me to get the tablets in. The tablets seem to help a lot. Wish us luck!

I had to go in for my work evaluation today and Mike had all three kids. He said Riley was going ballistic because she didn't want the bottle (all she wants to do is breastfeed), and Ethan and Mia were throwing a fit. The Culligan Man decided to come at that time. Both kids love going downstairs. Mike decided to let them follow the Culligan Man downstairs while he settled Riley down. Mike went to check on them, and he overheard Ethan speaking jibberish (his language) to the Culligan Man. He must have thought Ethan asked him what he was doing because he replied, "oh, I'm putting salt in the water softener."

No comments: