Thursday, December 2, 2010

3 Year Check-Up

Ethan and Mia had their 3-year check-up yesterday. They are healthy as little horses. The only concern is their speech, which they are getting help for. Their doctor said that with them being 2 months premature and being twins on top of it, he isn't surprised that they need speech therapy. It made me feel better! He said that if they get the help now, it'll be easier for them in kindergarten. Ethan will be going to a preschool for 3 year olds in January, and we're going to see if Mia qualifies. I'm hoping she does, so they can go together. I think this will really help them!

Their doctor was a little concerned that they're such picky eaters, but he said to keep offering them different types of food at each meal. He said they will eventually try it. I was a picky eater when I was little too, so I'm not too worried. They all get a multi-vitamin daily, so that will help with whatever nutrients they're missing out on.

Ethan's head is still off the charts. No surprise there. His head is over the 95th percentile. He gained some weight in the last year. He weighs almost 36 pounds and this puts him in the 80th percentile. I was surprised at this since he eats like a bird! He was almost 38 inches tall, and this puts him in the 55th percentile. The doctor said he's got the body of a football player! He's guessing he'll be around 5 feet 10 inches tall.

Little Miss Mia is still tiny. No surprise there. Her head was in the 75th percentile. She also gained some weight in the last year. She weighs 25 pounds and this puts her in the 5th percentile. I asked him if he was worried about her low weight, and he told me that she gained 3 pounds in the last year and he was happy with that. At her last well-check, her weight was below the 5th percentile so he was glad that she was on the chart. She is 31 1/2 inches tall and this puts her in the 10th percentile. He's guessing she'll be around 5 feet 2 inches tall. Aren't genetics a funny thing?

Uncle Mark told me the other day, "remind me to never eat peanut butter at your house."

Mia on the big potty. I have a picture like this of me when I was this age. So proud of her!

This game seriously lasted a day. I can't tell you where one of these fish are. They had fun with it for that one day, though!

Little Miss Dirty Face. I don't know why her face is always dirty. Ethan is very clean. He doesn't like stuff on his face or hands. He's always wanting me to wash his hands. Mia could care less!


No comments: