Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday, Ethan and Mia!

I can't believe my babies are all ready 3. It's kind of bittersweet. I want them to be more independent but it's going way too fast. The years are slipping away from us! They've grown from little preemies to toddlers with minds of their own who will be starting preschool in two weeks. I'm so thankful that we were chosen to be their parents. I couldn't imagine life without them. We're so blessed to have been given these children!

Their party was very simple and laid-back. We ordered some subs from Subway. I made some taco soup, and my dad made his potato soup. The potato soup recipe came from my Great-Grandma Krause. She used to make it to feed her family during the Great Depression. It's very basic but very good. And, of course, we had a cupcake cake and ice cream. I thought we had made too much food, but it was about perfect.

I was able to get undertime on Saturday night, so I stayed home from work. It was so nice not being tired and groggy for their day! But that meant that I had to do the grocery shopping, cleaning, and cooking. Maybe I should have went to work that night! :)

Ethan and Mia were way more into blowing out their candles and opening their presents this year. I really don't think they knew that it was their birthday. They knew they were having a party but I'm sure they were wondering what in the heck was going on. They had a blast playing with their cousins, Uncle Nathan, and new presents.



Shrek and Donkey.

Completely wiped out.



Blowing out their candles.




Mia only likes to eat the frosting. She was taking handfuls of it when she thought no one was watching.

Ethan ate two cupcakes in a matter of seconds.




Uncle Nathan and Cousin Janai.




Riley bugging Jude. Jude did not feel well at all, and Riley kept pestering her. They got into a couple of fights!

A John Deere tractor--from Grandma and Grandpa Krause.




A gift from Aunt Sarah.

Toy Story 3--from Aunt Jenna.

Gifts from Aunt Sarah.

The hat set is from Aunt Jenna. The zhu zhu pets are from Grandma and Grandpa Krause.


Our gift to them--a wooden kitchen set. Uncle Mark bought them a food set and an ice cream set to go with their kitchen.

No comments: