Friday, December 10, 2010

Ethan and Mia's Testing

I took Ethan and Mia to their speech testing yesterday at the Brandon Valley school district. The speech therapist and early childhood specialist tested Mia to see if she needs speech therapy. She does qualify for speech. She does a lot of jabbering and you can't understand what she's saying. I know it's common for twins to have their own language. It'll be interesting to see how Laura works out the speech sessions. Will she do Ethan first and then Mia or will she come twice a week? Each one will receive 45 minutes of speech. I'm really hoping that she qualifies for preschool as well. I'll find out in a couple of days. I asked if I could pay for Mia to go if she doesn't qualify, and unfortunately, I can't. We could always send her to a private preschool. We'll know more in a few days!

They didn't have to do much with Ethan. I brought all of his information to get him registered for preschool. I'm really excited for him to go. It'll be from 8am to 11am, Monday through Thursday. I'm not at all excited to be up at the crack of dawn, but we'll all adjust! They provide transportation to and from school and even the car seat for the van. There will be 6 kids in each class with one teacher and one assistant. The speech therapist will pull him out of class twice a week for 30 minutes to do speech therapy. He'll still get his 45 minutes per week with Laura as well! I took a tour of the classroom and we were able to look at all the toys. Ethan seemed excited, but we'll see on that first day how it goes! His first day is January 5th. The parents usually follow the van to school on the first day and walk them in. I asked them if they have kids that cry when the parents drop them off, and she assured me that the teachers are used to that and know how to handle the kids. I am 100% certain that he'll cry when I leave, and that makes me so sad! But this will help him so much!

No comments: