Friday, January 21, 2011

Howdy

We've had kind of a busy week here. The kids went to daycare for the first time yesterday. It went extremely well. I dropped Riley off, and she didn't even cry! I couldn't believe it. Elizabeth picked her up right away and took her into the kitchen. I slipped out and that was that. She said that the twins didn't cry either when they came after preschool.

Riley whimpered if Elizabeth would walk out of the room, but other than that, all three kids did well and behaved themselves. (Why are they so good for everyone else but me? :)) Ethan had an accident while he was there, but once he gets used to going there, he won't be so shy about it.

They all three took a nap. Elizabeth said Riley and Ethan went to sleep immediately, but it took Mia a little while to go to sleep. It sounded like they had fun playing with all of the other kids.

It was a shorter day, but I didn't want their first day to be really long. Riley was there about 5 hours and the twins were there about 4 hours. I picked them up and they were glad to see me. Riley and Ethan said good-bye to all of their new friends, but Mia wanted to go. All three were completely exhausted when I picked them up. They probably would have gone to bed at 7 if I had let them. I'm so happy it went well. They'll be going on Monday's from now on.

What did I do on my day off? I went shopping and did some errands. I had a gift card to Sephora that was burning a hole in my pocket. One just opened up at the mall, so I bummed around there forever. I was in heaven. I love makeup and beauty stuff. I also did my grocery shopping and had it put away in record time. It's amazing how fast I can do things without my three little "helpers."

We don't have a whole lot planned for this weekend. We are thinking of taking the kids to the cheap theater. Riley started watching tv about a month ago. I'm not sure how well she'd do in a movie theater. The twins just love it. I'm guessing Riley will too, especially if we get popcorn and root beer. My sister, Sarah, and her family are coming over Saturday for dinner and a sleepover. We usually drink some wine and play cards!

He likes to wear my furry boots.

I just love my new camera. It takes such clear pictures.




Why does play doh have to be so messy? I'm still finding chunks of it in weird places around my house!



Riley "helping" load the dishes.

Ethan "helped" me load the dishwasher.

No comments: