Riley was awake almost the entire night on Tuesday night. She was running a fever and was so restless. Mia also crawled in bed with us at 5am. I got Mia some tylenol (because she felt warm) and a drink of milk. She then puked all over the place while in bed with us. I caught most of it with her blanket. There's nothing like being puked on when half-asleep! It was not a good night! Last night was a little better. Riley woke up and Mia crawled in bed with us again at 5am. Poor kids! And now Ethan is running a fever.
I'm almost done with my cabinet project. I'm debating whether or not I want to put the glaze on the frames of the cabinets and I have some holes to fill in. I'll probably finish it after I work this weekend and will post some pictures. I'm ready to be done with it. I'm very motivated the first few days, and then I start getting really sick of it. My inspiration is Paula Deen's kitchen. It didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to, but I'm liking it more each day. I've figured out that I'm quite a perfectionist when doing these types of things. I've also noticed that I get really crabby when things don't go the way I want them to. :)
Ethan is currently obsessed with spiderman. It's funny how most little boys go through that stage. He really hadn't seen any cartoons of spiderman, but one day, he wanted everything spiderman. He even does the little wrist thing and pretends to shoot webs out. It's really cute. We run around the house doing that. Even Mia and Riley get in on it. He also really likes superman right now. He pretends that he can fly. Ethan jumped on me a few times "pretending" to fly. Ouch.
Mia is currently obsessed with a frog game on my Ipad. She is constantly wanting to play it. You make the frogs jump around the lily pond and you can make little baby frogs. Riley also likes to play it, and Riley is always saying, "my turn, my turn, my turn." A fight usually follows because Mia doesn't want to give it up. Mia also really likes a horse movie. It's called something like "Spirit Horse of the Cimarron Tribe" or something confusing like that. She and Ethan fight over what to watch. Mia will say, "horse movie" and Ethan screams, "mimerman." I usually put the horse movie on for Mia and let Ethan watch spiderman on my Ipad.
Riley is still obsessed with her baby dolls. She notices if we forget one when she takes a nap and will throw a huge fit if we don't get it for her. She has recently learned how to open doors so that has been loads of fun. :) I still can't believe she'll be 2 in a month! She seems so much older than that to me. I guess it's because she copies everything the twins do, so she seems more like a 3 year old. Riley is talking a lot more so it's fun hearing all the things she comes up with.
Preschool is still going well. Both kids are flourishing. I've seen such a big improvement in their speech. Ethan has started counting better. He'll say, "one, two, three, ake, nine, ten, eweven." He is so proud of himself! Mia still says, "two, two, two" and so on until she's done. It's a work in progress.
1 comment:
Caleb wants his toes painted too when I do Angels so we did his green and it didn't seem to be as "girly" as Angel's pink. Pat still wasn't impressed though. :)
Post a Comment