Monday, March 7, 2011

Scissors

When we went to Ethan and Mia's preschool conferences, the teachers told us to start letting them use scissors. Ummm....okay, do we really have to? I don't care if my kids don't know how to use scissors. I actually prefer it that way! :) We did a couple of school projects that needed scissors, so we used my huge gigantic ones. Ethan and Mia sat there for a good 20 minutes cutting little chunks off of construction paper. I thought it was probably time to buy them some kid scissors.

We decided to do a Target run. It was actually Ethan's idea to go. He kept asking to go to, "Target's house." (That's my boy!) I let them each pick out a pair of scissors. They were beyond excited.

We tried them out today for the first time. I really don't want the girls cutting their hair. I think that's what I'm dreading! I watched them like a hawk. They sat there for 20 minutes cutting paper and had so much fun. They did really well. No one was missing hair! I guess this will be part of our "art time."








No comments: