
It's hard to believe it's the end of March. Spring and summer will be here before we know it. We're so ready for the change in weather! The kids have yet another cold. I think they've been sick more this winter than well. I hope we can kick all the sickness! I want my happy non-crabby kids back! Ethan and Mia are still doing well in preschool. Though, Ethan's teacher called today because he was kind of crying and wouldn't cooperate at all. She asked if he was crying when he left this morning, and I told her he was. I had a heck of a time trying to get him dressed. He (and the girls too) want to pick out everything they wear down to their underwear and socks. I finally got him dressed and then he didn't want to wear his winter coat. He wanted to wear two
hoodie jackets. Fine. He went to school in a navy shirt, black and green sweatpants, and two
hoodie jackets. He didn't match one bit. But I didn't really care at that point. He then didn't want to wear his hat or gloves. I couldn't find his other hat, so he was throwing a fit about that. When Brooke arrived to pick him up, he decided all of a sudden he wanted to eat his breakfast. I couldn't let him sit down to eat it because he had to go. That really through him into a tizzy. And then, he wanted to sit in Mia's
carseat. Mia was all ready sitting in it and was buckled in. He started crying even more. When I told his teacher that he has a strong personality, she says, "he does?" He obviously is very well behaved in school. The teacher then said, "he must be getting used to us then because he was like this on Monday too." Oh great. I really hope he doesn't start misbehaving in school! When he got home from school, Ethan took off his socks. I realized that one of his feet was yellow and one was orange. I thought that they must have done footprints in school. And then I remembered that I had painted his toenails a bright red color. Great. I wonder what the teachers think. :) Mia has been diaper free for the last couple of months. I'm guessing she could have done it sooner, but I was being cautious. It is beyond great not having to worry about putting diapers on her. She's only had one accident and that was when she had RSV and pneumonia. She does so well with it! Ethan still needs a diaper when he naps and at bedtime. He thinks he doesn't and will take his diaper off. We've been washing his sheets at least 3 times a week! Riley is still plugging along with potty-training. She does really well but doesn't tell me when she has to go. I'll find wet spots if I forget to put her on the toilet. I'm switching to every 4
th weekend. Hooray! I job-share with a co-worker. It basically means that we share one full-time position. So, I work every 4
th holiday and every 4
th weekend. I was doing all the weekends because we didn't have daycare, so my coworker was doing the week-day shifts. (She had the best schedule on the unit!) The kids will have to go one extra day in a two-week period, so not bad at all. We're going to switch in May. I can't wait!

Mia's boyfriend, Brody, is in the white shirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment