Monday, July 23, 2012

Before and After

 I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures of our upstairs master bathroom redo. The toilet leaked a few months ago, and mold was growing underneath the vinyl flooring. Mike ripped out the vinyl (in the bathroom) and I convinced him to rip out the carpet in front of the vanity. The kids had gotten into my makeup and the carpet was stained with various colors of eyeshadow. Plus, I think it's ridiculous to have carpet in a bathroom area.
 It takes me FOREVER to find stuff that I like. I guess you could call me picky. I don't see the point in paying money for something you only kind of like. Mike was on my butt for a couple of months to find some new flooring. I like to look around and compare prices. Mike is the complete opposite. He would have purchased flooring the day he ripped it out if it weren't for me. :)




I saw this hexagon flooring on another blog and instantly fell in love with it. I wanted it SO bad until I saw the price. I looked and looked for an alternative. I went to many different stores and searched online forever. I finally told Mike that I couldn't find anything that I liked. He gave me the go-ahead to get it. He was sick of waiting for me to get something.
 Of course, once the floor was in, the paint colors were off. I notice that my "style" is changing a bit. When I first moved in, I wanted color everywhere. After living in apartments with white walls for a decade, I vowed every room would be a different color. And it was. I am now starting to prefer more neutral colors. I still like having color on the walls, but I like it more muted. I went with a light grey.


 I painted the vanity an off-white color and distressed it slightly. I wish I could get rid of the laminate counter but it will be some time before that will be replaced.
 To save money, I spray-painted all of the existing pulls, towel bar, hook, and toilet roll holder. I also switched out rugs from the kids' bathroom and re-hung an old shower curtain.
 I need to finish decorating it and will try to post pictures when it's done.
Now, the rest of our bedroom doesn't look "right" with the bathroom. I guess we'll be painting that too. Mike had no idea what he was getting into when he pulled out that floor. :)

No comments: