Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Baby #3

The doctors turned off the magnesium sulfate today. The perinatologist said it helps decrease cerebal palsy along with stopping contractions. I was on it for 24 hours, and that stuff is nasty! I don't know how some women can stay on it for weeks at a time. It makes you feel like you have the flu and you get nasty headaches. I am now 35 weeks and the doctors aren't going to stop labor if I get going. I'm still dilated to 5cm and 100% effaced. I'm glad that I haven't progressed, but I know this little one will be coming soon. I'm still in the hospital and they aren't sending me home because of how far along I am. I'm hoping to hang on for as long as possible but I think my water has been leaking (as of 6:45pm.) I'm on antibiotics all ready so the nurses aren't too concerned if it is leaking. They also took out my foley catheter and I'm not hooked up to the fetal heart tone monitor, blood pressure cuff, and oximeter probe, so I feel a little more free. Though, I can only get up to go to the bathroom. It's kind of a nice break lying in bed all day but I miss my Ethan and Mia a lot! I was really hoping for a normal experience with this pregnancy! I certainly agree with the saying, "If You Want to Hear God Laugh, Tell Him Your Plans!"

No comments: