A lot of people have asked how we're doing having three children under the age of 15 months. Some days are better than others! Overall, I'd say we're doing well. The one thing I have a hard time keeping up with are when Ethan and Mia are in tornado mode. They can destroy a room in 5-10 minutes. There is always stuff scattered throughout the living room, kitchen, hallways, and their room. I've stopped trying to pick it up right away. I could seriously follow them all day long and pick up. They never seem to get tired of getting into stuff! Cooking is also a challenge. My mom and sister, Jenna, made a bunch of meals for us that we've frozen, so that is a huge help. It is also tough when all three of them want me at the same exact time. It's hard not feeling guilty when you choose one over the other two. I try to give Ethan and Mia a snack or sit on the floor with them when feeding Riley and that helps a lot with settling them down.
Ethan and Mia are still adjusting to having a new sister. Ethan is nicer to Riley than Mia. Mia will start out being nice by kissing Riley and gently patting her on the head but her patting starts getting harder and harder. Ethan is 100% a little boy. He loves being downstairs with Mike. We're redoing our fireplace and Ethan loves getting into Mike's tools. He watches how Mike uses the tools and then tries to imitate him. Ethan has started running recently. His little legs get going so fast that he constantly trips. He just gets right back up and starts running again. Mia has now taken 11 steps! She is getting braver and braver every day. She is so proud of herself when she stands and starts to walk. It's so cute watching her face. I'm guessing she'll be walking before we know it. She prefers to crawl at this point but is progressing! She still is our little cuddle bug and is such a girly-girl. It's nice to have one of each. Their personalities are so different, and it's so fun seeing the differences come out. Riley is now two weeks old. She still tends to want to stay awake at night. Some nights are better than others, but sleep is a minimum at our house! She absolutely loves to be held. She tends to get fussy when she has been put down and when she has to poop! Everyone has been asking if Riley has a cowlick. Yep, she sure does! Hers isn't as bad as Ethan's but I think it's worse than Mia's. You can see it in her pictures. It's right in the front where Ethan and Mia's are. These poor kids! Both Mike and I have cowlicks, so we shouldn't be too surprised.
No comments:
Post a Comment