Monday, July 27, 2009

Ethan's First Camping Trip

Mike's parents live in Chamberlain, SD. We've kind of started a yearly tradition where my family goes to Chamberlain for the weekend to camp. My dad, two brothers, and niece went this year along with Mike and Ethan. We decided to let Ethan go at the last minute. He was watching everyone put their shoes on to go and he kept running to the front door. I felt bad not letting him go, so he got to tag along.
The camping trip went well. There was a minor accident. Within one hour of them being on the boat, Mike and my brother Billy were on the tube. My dad was driving and crashed them. Billy fell on top of Mike and his tooth went through his lip. An ER visit and 3 stitches later, they were back on the water. Mike's lip was 4 times its original size. Everyone was teasing him that he had Angelina Jolie lips! (However, his were even bigger!)
I don't think anyone got much sleep! Mike, Ethan, and Grandpa Schmidt shared a tent. I know, sounds fun, doesn't it? Our dog, Elsa, was in there as well. Elsa puked all over the tent. My dad and Elsa snored all night. (And Mike was wondering why I didn't want to go?!) Needless to say, Mike was pretty crabby when he got home! I've included some pictures of them camping. For some reason, Mike didn't take any pictures of Ethan. Oh well, I guess next time!



My niece, Janai, caught a cat fish! Way to go!



My brother, Nathan, caught a silver bass!

Janai and Nathan on the tube.

No comments: