Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Belated 4th of July


I hope everyone had a good fourth of July! We spent it with Mike's side of the family in Chamberlain, SD. The kids had a blast seeing everyone and playing outside! We took them boating and fishing. Ethan and Mia rode big bertha for the first time, which is an enormous inner tube. Both of them liked it. I figured Ethan would, but I was surprised that Mia liked it! I had to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, so I headed back to Sioux Falls on Friday. I was pretty bummed out that I missed the entire weekend of fun! Can I just say it sucks being a nurse sometimes!
Mike said that Mia liked the fireworks, but Ethan was kind of scared of the noise. I totally thought it would have been the opposite. I guess Riley was one tough cookie after I left on Friday. She's such a mama's girl. All of Mike's aunts helped take care of her. Thank you everybody for that!
Ethan was put in time-out over that weekend. His pack and play was right next to Grandpa Schmidt's dresser. Ethan was so ticked off that he pulled out all of Grandpa Schmidt's underwear and socks and threw them all over the place. He is such a stinker!
Riley napping on the couch.

Ethan and Mia with Grandpa Schmidt. They're riding the lawn mower. Both kids LOVE the lawn mower.

Fishing for the first time. We didn't catch a thing!

Fishing...not even a bite.

Still fishing. Ethan wasn't quite himself that weekend. I don't think he was feeling very well. He was in a somber mood and not his usualy smiley self.

Ethan on the boat.

Riley on the boat.

Mike, Ethan, Mia, and Elsa on big bertha.

Riding big bertha.

Ethan swimming in the river for the first time. He kind of liked it!

Having a great time.

Mia swimming in the river for the first time. She didn't like it! The water was kind of cold.

Ethan on big bertha. He had a blast!

Having fun!

No comments: