Saturday, September 19, 2009

21 Month Old Update

I can't believe summer is almost over! Ethan and Mia have been keeping busy. They still love going outside. When I grab their shoes, they know they're either going bye-bye or going outside. They get super excited, especially Ethan. They are really good in the car and love watching things pass by.

Ethan and Mia continue to be extremely picky eaters. Our dog, Elsa, has put on a tremendous amount of weight. They chuck all of their food down to her and she goes crazy trying to get it all. Ethan loves sweets, yogurt, oatmeal, cream of wheat, pancakes, crackers, donuts, lemon poppy seed muffins, steak, juice. Mia loves fruit, sweets, yogurt, donuts, oatmeal, cream of wheat, pancakes, crackers, juice.

I'm still kind of worried over their talking. Mia talks more than Ethan, but she doesn't speak as much as some kids their age. Mia will repeat random words that I say, but she's not saying any sentences yet. Both kids tend to point at something and say, "uh, uh, uh". I try to repeat the word over and over to try and get them to stop doing that. I know it's common for multiples to have a speech delay, so I try not to think about it too much. Ethan and Mia still have their own language. It sounds like jibberish to me, but they seem to understand each other. It's funny to listen to them "talk" to each other! Ethan's new words are "pretty", "loon" (balloon), "elefafa" (elephant). Mia's new words are "eye", "nose".

Ethan and Mia fight like crazy! Mia wants whatever toy or object Ethan has. It doesn't matter what it is. She wants it if he has it. She chases after him and will scratch him if she gets close enough. He's still faster than her and this makes her really mad! Ethan tends to tease her a little bit and that just adds to it. Mia will take the toy away from him when she catches up to him. Ethan then comes crying to me and points at Mia. The tattling has begun! I'll chase Mia down to get the toy away from her to give back to him and she throws a major fit. This is what we do all day! It's fun!! I still don't know when to step in and when to let them handle it. Mia is kind of a bully when it comes to this. Ethan won't take the toy away from her for some reason. He's a pretty gentle boy!

Ethan is getting really attached to his blankie and night-time puppy. When I grab him in the morning and from nap time, he grabs both things to bring with him. It's really cute. Sometimes Mia will grab either item and take off running. Ethan has a complete meltdown! They sure know how to push each other's buttons!

Ethan and Mia still take one nap a day. They usually nap for about an hour. They go to bed between 9pm-10pm and sleep until 8am-9am. They consistently sleep through the night. Ethan will occasionally wake up when he's getting more teeth.

Looking cute in her piggies!

I love this picture of Mia. Her baby-blues really come out!

Ethan has a soft spot for stuffed animals. He tends to carry one around with him. He chose this rabbit with a dress on! If I'm sitting on the couch, he'll bring me about 10 stuffed animals and set them all around me.

Great-Aunt Sharman gave the kids their hummer. Ethan LOVES riding around in it. He can't reach the gas peddle, so someone has to go with him. Mia is a little scared of it!

I gave them yogurt to feed themselves for the first time. They made a god-awful mess, but they really enjoyed feeding themselves!

Yogurt mess!

No comments: