Thursday, September 17, 2009

Happy 6 Month Birthday, Riley!

Happy 6 Months, baby girl! She's growing way too fast on us. I can't believe how much she has changed over the last six months. She is still a HUGE momma's girl. Mike calls me her "precious". He took this from "The Lord of the Rings." So, I guess that would make Riley, Smeagol. I'm not sure what I think about that! She still is having a hard time when I leave for work on Friday. Mike wants me to wean her from breastfeeding to see if that will help with her meltdowns. I asked her doctor what he thought, and he didn't think it would make any difference. He suggested that Mike feed her and take care of her so she gets used to it more. He said that I should leave the house because if I'm there, she's going to want me. We'll have to see how this goes!

She tends to be really sensitive to foods. If I mix her cereal too thick or give her too much, she's up most the night farting. That goes the same with beans and peas. Her doctor suggested we stop the green veggies and start the orange ones to see how she does. She's not getting any for awhile until I catch up on some sleep! I'm getting too old for these all-nighters.

She loves to be held and walked around. She also loves watching Ethan and Mia play. She smiles quite a bit at them. I'm sure she can't wait until she can join in! Riley is very ticklish and you can get some good belly laughs out of her if you tickle her. She's a happy smiley girl as long as I am holding her. This changes quickly if someone else tries to hold her!

She usually sleeps well at night. She falls asleep around 10pm and will sleep until around 6am. She still isn't a huge napper. I'm lucky if she naps for an hour. I guess she doesn't need much sleep! We're still transitioning her to her crib. She slept one night in her crib and didn't wake up once! The last few nights, we've been having all-nighters thanks to her veggies. We'll have to see how it goes tonight!

Riley fell asleep in the bumbo.

Trying to get some sleep.

Ethan and Riley in the wagon. He's not sitting on her, though it looks like it in the picture.

Happy girl!

Trying to get a picture of all three of them outside. It's impossible to get them all to look at the camera!

Riley and big sis, Mia.

Having fun outside.

Watching the twins.

Riley loves being outside!

Mia is always by Riley.

Smiley Riley.

Wearing one of Mia's dresses.

No comments: