I hope everyone had a good Labor Day Weekend! We stayed busy the entire time. Mike and I went on a date on Friday night. Grandpa and Grandma Schmidt watched the kids for us, so we could go out to dinner. It's been awhile since Mike and I were able to get out! We had a nice relaxing time!
We spent the majority of the weekend outside enjoying the weather. The kids, of course, were in 7th heaven. They LOVE going outside. Mike and I took the twins to the zoo on Sunday while Grandpa and Grandma watched Riley. It was nice to give the twins some one-on-one time with us. I know it's not easy for them having a high-maintenance little sister! The kids loved the zoo, for the most part. They got sick of riding in the stroller and thought they were big enough to walk themselves. Their favorite animals were the ducks. We were able to feed them and they came right up to the fence.
The weekend didn't end on the greatest note. We were outside doing some yard work. Mike was raking by a tree and Ethan was right there watching him. Mike disturbed some yellow-jacket wasps, and about 25 came out of their hive. Ethan, unfortunately, was standing right in front of the hive. They attacked his head and arms. He was stung at least 8 times. Mike was also stung. The wasps were chasing Mike and Ethan around the yard. My poor boys! I gave Ethan benadryl immediately. He didn't have any kind of a reaction, thank God! The poor kid screamed for a good half and hour after he was stung. He NEVER cries when he's hurt, so I knew it was really bothering him. It only really bothered him for the first night. He's back to his normal self now.
Mia was scared to sit on the animals.
Ethan and the giraffes.
Mia looking at the baby camel.
Dad, Ethan, and the tortoises.
No comments:
Post a Comment