Mike is taking Ethan and Mia to Chamberlain for a couple of days to go fishing. Riley and I are going to stay behind. The thought of fishing in cold weather with the wind blowing on the Missouri River does not sound fun to me. Plus, I haven't had a night alone in our house for as long as I can remember. I won't technically be alone since I'll have Riley, but I'm still counting it. I have no idea what I'm going to do--probably a whole lot of nothing!
Mike is coming back Saturday morning because we have a baptism. Our good friends' daughter, Brenya, will be baptized, and we are the godparents! I think it's really cool they chose us! I have no idea what we're going to do the rest of the day. I think Mark is bringing Ethan and Mia back either Saturday evening or Sunday morning. We have a Halloween party to go to on Sunday evening. I'm looking forward to getting the kids dressed up and taking pictures. And of course, letting them pig out on all the candy they want to eat. I'm a bit of a pushover when it comes to stuff like that!
Mia peed and pooped in the potty chair today. Way to go! She did not want to. She kept bringing me diapers to put on her but I kept putting her on the potty chair. After 3 hours of this, she finally went! She was disgusted when she pooped in it. It was pretty funny. I'm hoping to get her done in a few days. I can't imagine only having one in diapers. I know it will be a long time before Ethan and Mia will be completely free of diapers (nap and bedtime), but I'm thrilled nonetheless!
Ethan and I had our "date night" last night. I met some good friends for supper and he came along. Before we left, Mike asked me if I thought he was going to have fun listening to the "three of you yak all night?" I had to laugh. I brought the portable DVD player and I must say, that was an excellent idea. He was very good. I do think he had fun. He had a root beer which is a rare treat! We went to Target after dinner and I let him be out of the cart. He liked running around but stayed pretty close to me. He got to pick out a toy. We went up and down the toy aisles a gazillion times and he finally chose some spiked balls that are made for babies. I didn't care at that point! We went home and that was our together time!
I have two very persistent 3 year olds wanting some attention and this has gotten pretty long. I hope everyone has a good weekend and safe Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment