Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Girls' Day Out

Mike and I are trying to spend more alone time with Ethan and Mia. Last night, I decided to take one of them to the movie, "The Legend of the Guardians." It was hard for me to decide which one to take! I decided to take Mia, and as I was getting her ready, Ethan looked at me and said, "I go, too?" as he pointed at himself. It about killed me to leave him behind, but the point is to get some alone time with each one.

We bought some popcorn and pop. Yum! We were the only ones in the theater which was kind of nice. I wasn't worried about making too much noise. Mia wouldn't wear the 3-D glasses, but she still enjoyed the movie. She liked the baby owls, although they must have looked really blurry to her! She would watch some of the movie, eat some popcorn (I couldn't believe how much she ate!) and then get up and walk up and down the stairs.

After the movie, we made a quick trip to Target. I made the mistake of going down the toy aisle. Mia is in LOVE with zhu zhu pets. Target had almost an entire aisle devoted to them. I let her pick one out. She picked Rocky, a black hamster. She couldn't take her eyes off the accessories, so I guess I know what she's getting for Christmas!

Mia seriously smiled the entire time we were gone. It was fun to spend time alone with her. I remember when my mom took us to do special things by ourselves, so I hope that this is a special memory for our kids!

Mike is planning on taking Ethan to the movies tonight. I know he'll have a blast going! He loves popcorn and of course, pop. I think they're going to the owl movie too. I'll let you know how it goes. Oh, by the way, when did the movies get so expensive? $8.50 for a 2 year old? Seriously?

No comments: